Terms and Conditions
1. Charity Escapes sources prizes from holiday providers, agencies, private individuals and organisations. Prizes include holidays, hotel stays, experiences and other types of prizes.
2. Charity Escapes offers prizes to UK registered charities. The purpose of the prize is to help raise money for the charity. This could be to offer the prize as auction or raffle prize at a fundraising event.
3. The prize is offered to the charity on the following basis -
3.1 The charity agrees to promote the donor of the prize through at least one social media post.
3.2 The charity agrees that if it doesn't reach the minimum bid, the prize is returned to Charity Escapes. No costs will be incurred by Charity Escapes or the charity in this instance.
3.3 The charity agrees to pay 16.6% (+VAT) of whatever is raised from the sale of the prize at auction. If the prize is used as a raffle, the expected value is agreed between Charity Escapes and the charity. Charity Escapes is entitled to 16.6% of this value, regardless of the amount raised in the raffle.
4. The prize winners details need to be confirmed by the charity to Charity Escapes before the prize can arranged with the winner.
5. The prize offered is subject to specific terms and conditions which are all provided to the charity at the time the prize is offered.
6. Access to the holiday property will vary depending on the owners arrangements, but it is likely the keys will be collected from a reception and will need to be returned to the key holder or designated location. Please note: In the event that the prize winner loses the keys to the property then the prize winner could be charged for replacement keys.
7. The prize is for the number of persons allowed at the property and must not exceed this number. In the event that the maximum number is exceeded without prior consent, the owner has the right to revoke the booking without refund or, in the event this is discovered following guests' departure, then the owner has the right to charge an additional amount to cover costs.
8. The prize winner must not assign or part with the possession of the prize or any part of it, or anything contained in the property or use it other than as a for holiday occupation by the people whose names appear as the Holiday Makers.
9. The prize winner must ensure that nothing happens which may be a nuisance or inconvenience to occupiers of neighbouring or adjoining property or adversely affect any insurance of the property.
10. The prize winner should allow the Property Owner or his representative/s access to the Property at any reasonable time during the period of holiday.
11. The prize winner will be responsible for any damages to the holiday home or hotel room including furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects. Anything broken or damaged should be reported to the Owner immediately by email or telephone. The prize winner is to keep the Property and all its furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in the same state of repair, condition and cleanliness it was found at the commencement of your holiday. The Property Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after the prize winner’s occupancy and for any consequential loss. The Property Owner also reserves the right to make a claim against the Holiday Maker for repair or loss as a result of damage caused.
12. On occasions the Owner may request a refundable damage deposit. Where a refundable damage deposit is required by the owner, this deposit is to be paid as a separate amount and this amount will then be refunded within 3-5 working days from departure day, following the owners’/cleaners' inspection. The Owner shall be entitled to deduct from this deposit the cost of remedying any breaches of your obligations.
13. Complaints - If the prize winner feels there is a genuine complaint in respect of your holiday property, then this should immediately be reported to the owner. Neither Charity Escapes nor the charity accepts any liability for remedying any complaint, but will refer the complaint to the Owner. This Complaints clause is without prejudice to any course of action the prize winner may have against the Property Owner.
14. Force majeure - No liability can be accepted and no compensation will be paid by the Property Owner, where the prize winner or his personal property (and/or any person in the prize winner's party and/or their personal property) suffer any loss, damage, injury, disappointment, inconvenience or otherwise, or where the performance or prompt performance of any obligations by Charity Escapes or the Property Owner are prevented or affected, by any event which the charity, Charity Escapes or the Property Owner could not have reasonably foreseen or avoided including war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial action, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, closure of international borders, disease, none availability of transport services, interruption to services/utilities and all similar events outside the control or the charity, Charity Escapes of the Property Owner.
15. Dogs are only allowed at properties that are advertised as allowing a dog/dogs. If a prize winner takes a dog to a Property that does not allow them, or exceeds the stated number/size of pet, the Property Owner (or his representative) can refuse to allow the prize winner to take possession of the Property or make the prize winner leave the Property before the end of the holiday. If this happens the prize winner shall be deemed to have cancelled the Booking and the prize winner shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
16. The prize winner is liable for all damage caused by his/her pets. The prize winner should remove all traces (inside and out) from the Property of pet occupation before final departure. The Property Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after the prize winner's occupancy. The prize winner must not allow pets upstairs at any time, on beds or on any furniture within the Property and pets must not be left alone in the Property at any time. If the prize winner breaches this clause the Property Owner (or his representative) may notify the prize winner of the breach and if the prize winner continues to breach this clause the Property Owner (or his representative) may make the prize winner leave the Property before the end of the Holiday. If this happens the prize winner shall be deemed to have cancelled the Booking and the prize winner shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
Please note: These conditions shall be deemed to have been accepted by the prize winner at the time the booking is made.